Thursday, October 29, 2015

Digestion and Nutrition

My Daily Menu






















  1. Explain why the menu of food choices you made is nutritious, meaning the food choices follow the government's recommendations for Calories and nutrients.

    I tried to make choices that are relatively reflective of what I eat. I am vegan, so substitute tofu and tempeh, etc for the dairy and meat choices (I think this would've helped with the sodium issue, as well, as these food are much lower in sodium then cottage cheese, etc). I got enough calories pretty easily, as well as proteins and carbohydrates, and stayed under the DV for fat, etc, although in my own diet I like to add healthy fats like avocado and Flax oil.

  2. How does a 2 000 Calorie daily menu compare to your recommended Calorie intake amount on the chart? What would you do to your 2 000 Calorie menu to make it better match your recommended Calorie intake?

    My recommended intake is between 2000 and 2200, which is about where I ended up. However, I feel like when we are listening to our bodies, our caloric needs will vary day-to-day.

  3. How can you use the Nutrition Facts label to make healthy decisions?

    The labels help to make very clear how much sodium and sugar are in various products. I also look closely to see how many ingredients are listed, and how many of those ingredients sound like they were produced in a chem lab.

  4. Did the menu you created contain the foods you like to eat? Explain why or why not.

    Yes, however my own diet has much more variety.

  5. Do any of the items you selected provide more than 30% in any nutritional area? If so, which foods and which nutrients? Why did you choose those foods?

    The grains added a lot. In a veggie diet, eating a wide variety as opposed to one big chunk of a particular food, seems more helpful, though. However, use of nutrient-dense foods such as unsalted nuts and whole grains such as quinoa helps us to meet our bodies' nutritional requirements.

  6. What did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?

    I didn't even go there. I haven't eaten at a fast food retaurant in ten years. Seriously. That stuff'll kill you.

  7. What did you notice about the food group icons in your Daily Meals area? Did you favor a specific food group? Explain.

    I went for fruits and veggies a lot. They allow us to eat quite a bit and feel full without adding unnnecessary calories. They also add important vitamins and minerals.

2 comments:

  1. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, LUPUS, DRY COUGH, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, KIDNEY DISEASE, EYE CANCER, ACUTE MYELOID LEUKAEMIA, KIDNEY DISEASE, EPILEPSY, FIBROID, PENILE CANCER, BOWL CANCER, SKIN CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, HAIRY CELL LEUKAEMIA, PENILE CANCER, JOINT PAIN, BONE CANCER, PRAKISON'S DISEASE, FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, ANAL CANCER, ARTHRITIS, BREAST CANCER, BONE CANCER, HEPATITIS A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to use this golden opportunity to say thanks to Chief Dr Wealthy for curing my ( DIABETES VIRUS) with his Herbal Medicine. i have being suffering from DIABETES Virus for 5 years now,and since then was using drug over which keep me till today,but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured for DIABETES by Chief Dr Wealthy so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me if you are into similar problem you can contact him via email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com

    Chief Dr Wealthy have cure for any types of disease blows, call or Whats App +2348105150446.

    ReplyDelete